DENTAL ASSISTANT II
|Department||MDH Spring Grove Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||9/30/2022 12:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/21/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$31,915.00 -$37,945.00/year with potential growth to $47,182.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Undreia Ford|
LOCATION OF POSITION
NOTICE: Federal COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement for Certain Maryland Department of Health (MDH) Employees Per the emergency regulation issued by the U.S. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) (86 FR 61555), and as permitted to go into effect by the U.S. Supreme Court on January 13, 2022, all staff at the Maryland Department of Health's CMS certified health care facilities are required to receive either a first or single COVID-19 dose and provide proof of their vaccination status by January 29, 2022. If selected for this position, candidates will be required to provide proof of vaccination status or have an approved religious or medical exemption prior to appointment.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience assisting a Dentist in the performance of dental care.
1. Applicants may substitute additional experience as a Dental Assistant on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute listing as a Dental Assistant qualified in general duties on the roster of the Maryland Board of Dental Examiners for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute successful completion of a Dental Assistant training program for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Dental assistant classifications or Dental Assistant or Specialist specialty codes in the dental field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience performing clerical duties in an outpatient clinic/ setting and with communication, critical thinking and interpersonal experience
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must be listed as a Dental Assistant qualified to place and expose x-rays or radiographs on the roster of the Maryland Board of Dental Examiners and be able to provide a copy of a registration card upon application.
2. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete training in and maintain a current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.