DENTIST III, RESIDENTIAL
|Department||DJS Cheltenham Youth Detention Center|
|Date Opened||9/27/2022 4:01:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/28/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$98,488.00 - $158,641.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Cheltenham Youth Detention Center
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Determined by the State Board of Dental Examiners under the licensing requirements for Dentists.
Experience: Three years of experience in the practice of dentistry with two years of the required experience in an institutional setting or a public health program.
1. Candidates may substitute possession of a Master’s degree in Public Health for one year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Dental Officer classifications or Dental Corpsman or Officer specialty codes in the dental field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
The required three years of experience in the practice of dentistry must be post-dental school.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- More than three years post dental school experience in an institutional setting or a public health program.
- At least one year of experience in the practice of pediatric dentistry working with adolescents.
- Experience with digital x-ray systems, quality assurance/improvement activities, and creating/planning and maintaining dental suites.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Dentist from the State Board of Dental Examiners, 4201 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215-2299.
2. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess or be eligible to obtain controlled substances registration certificates issued by the federal government and the State of Maryland in order to prescribe narcotic medication.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete training in and maintain current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certification.
1. Applicants for this classification may be given a medical examination prior to appointment to determine their ability to perform the work of the position.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 06.01.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training, and experience as it relates to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application. Please make sure to provide sufficient information on your application to show how you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. If you completed education outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. The Certified Eligible list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees. Please note that your answers on the supplemental questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. A paper application may be mailed to the address below or faxed to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. No postmarks will be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E. Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number: 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.