NURSE PRACTITIONER/MIDWIFE II
|Department||DJS Hickey School|
|Date Opened||10/6/2022 2:17:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/27/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$77,204.00 - $119,591.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
By law, the Department of Juvenile Services (DJS) is a child-serving agency responsible for assessing the individual needs of referred youth and providing intake, detention, probation, commitment, and after-care services. DJS collaborates with youth, families, schools, community partners, law enforcement, and other public agencies to coordinate services and resources to contribute to safer communities.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Charles H. Hickey School
Main Purpose of Job
- Planning, coordinating, and conducting primary health care services in the health care clinics;
- Maintaining operational efficiency and consistency in health care services implemented and delivered according to DJS policy, DJS Health Services Operational procedures, DJS Nursing Protocols, and DJS Standards of Conduct at the assigned facilities;
- The provision of primary care/clinical services to the youth served by DJS; and
- Providing guidance and instruction in health maintenance and disease prevention in conjunction with physicians, pharmacists, and supporting nursing personnel
- Work is performed under the general direction of the Executive Director of Clinical Services and the clinical direction of the Medical Director, in accordance with prescribed nursing care protocols. An employee in this class exercises independence of action and initiative. Does related work as required.
Clinical Care and Provision of Services
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Examiners of Nurses under the certification requirements for Nurse Practitioner or Nurse-Midwife.
Experience: One year of experience as a Nurse Practitioner or as a Nurse-Midwife.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nurse Practitioner or Nurse Midwife classification or Nurse Practitioner or Nurse-Midwife specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Current Nurse Practitioner certification (Pediatrics or Family)
- CPR/AED certification
- Two years of experience as a board-certified nurse practitioner in Pediatrics or Family
- One year of clinical supervision or management experience
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current certificate as a Nurse Practitioner or as a Nurse Midwife from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training, and experience as it relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application. Please make sure to provide sufficient information on your application to show the qualifications for this recruitment.
For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to the interview).
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD. 21202
Attn: Crystal Wilson
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
The online application submission process is strongly encouraged. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin, and the last 4 digits of your SS#. You may fax this information to 410-333-4188. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required or if you have any questions, please, contact DJS Office of Human Resources email@example.com. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin in the email subject line.
As an equal opportunity, employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.