TACTICAL ASSISTANCE TEAM NURSE
NURSING PROGRAM CONSULTANT/ADMIN I - FULL TIME CONTRACTUAL
|Department||MDH Deputy Secretary for Operations|
|Date Opened||9/9/2022 2:18:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/12/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34.11 - $54.87/hour|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Maintains clinical knowledge and expertise of required and recommended COVID-19 prevention and control practices in LTCF;
- Follows daily deployment schedule for assigned facilities in Maryland;
- Complies with healthcare worker COVID-19 self-testing, vaccination, and PPE requirements;
- Provides accurate and thorough TAT written and verbal assessments, recommendations, and timely resources to LTCF;
- Documents robust TAT facility assessments daily and by deadlines, ensuring necessary follow-up support with LTCF and communication with LHD/MDH COVID-19 teams;
- Reports critical findings immediately via Nurse Manager;
- Collaborates with other TAT members, local health department investigators, and MDH epidemiologist investigators managing LTCF prevention and mitigation;
- Assists clinical staff in LTCF to understand and implement CDC and MDH guidance to prevent and more swiftly manage COVID-19 outbreaks;
- Maintains clinical skills proficiency to participate in Congregate Care clinical operations in SNFs and ALFs throughout Maryland;
- Participates in ongoing training and evaluation of TAT nursing knowledge and skill;
- Maintains daily communication with Nurse Manager and/or Clinical Director to ensure TAT operations are efficient and effective; and,
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with designated LTCF leadership and MDH/LHD colleagues.
- Provides administrative support in the documentation of current and revised TAT processes and procedures;
- Researches and reports on requested clinical topics to support QA/QI of program and own clinical expertise;
- Assists with additional projects that may include outreach, data collection, research, travel, and/or process improvement or quality improvement initiatives, and;
- Provides collaborative MDH support and TAT team QI/QA, as needed or requested.
Education: A Master’s degree in Nursing or a health-related field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experiences as a Registered Nurse including one year of experience in an administrative, supervisory, consultative or teaching capacity.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or health-related field from an accredited college or university and two years of experience as a Registered Nurse in an administrative, supervisory, consultative or teaching capacity for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Doctorate degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university for two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Nursing classification or Nursing specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Willingness to travel daily to and work in Western Maryland (Garret, Allegany, and Washington Counties) or Eastern Shore Maryland (Dorchester, Wicomico, Worcester, and Sommerset Counties);
- Experience working in a long-term care facility;
- Experience supervising clinical programs and clinical staff for these programs;
- Knowledge of and experience with updated CDC, CMS and MDH infection control practices and isolation/quarantine periods for COVID-19 in long-care term facilities; and,
- BLS and ALS Certification.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1.Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215 or possess a current multi-state license in party states that candidates have declared as primary states of residence. A copy of your license or license number must accompany your application.
2.Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.