REGISTERED NURSE CHARGE PSYCHIATRIC
|Department||DJS Baltimore City Juvenile Justice Center|
|Date Opened||12/8/2022 2:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/13/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$67,802.00 - $105,072.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
By law, DJS is a child-serving agency responsible for assessing the individual needs of referred youth and providing intake, detention, probation, commitment, and after-care services. DJS collaborates with youth, families, schools, community partners, law enforcement, and other public agencies to coordinate services and resources to contribute to safer communities.
This is a repost. Previous applicants need not reapply.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Baltimore City Juvenile Justice Center
Main Purpose of Job
- Perform nursing assessments on newly admitted youth and administer related admission testing and collection of laboratory specimens.
- Triage youth and assess youth requesting to be seen by nursing and make recommendations for care as appropriate and in accordance with good health practice and nursing judgment.
- Transcribe MD/NP orders and administer medication and treatments etc. to youth following medical orders. Immunize youth per physician order. Maintain Medication Administration Records and all related pharmaceutical forms.
- Document on youth health records and related logs using timely, accurate, legal terminology in SOAPE format.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Nursing under the licensing requirements for Registered Nurses.
Experience: Two years of experience as a Registered Nurse, one year of which must have been in the Psychiatric option.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree in nursing or a related field from an accredited college or university for the one year of general experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree in nursing or a health-related field from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classifications or Nursing and Hospital Administration specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215 or possess a current multi-state license in party states that candidates have declared as primary states of residence.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number at which they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be admitted to the evaluation for this classification. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list. Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one (1) year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application (and on separate pages, if necessary) to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
The online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply online you may mail a paper application and copy of the license to the address below or fax a paper application and copy of the license to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin, and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E Redwood Street.
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please, contact DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.