REGISTERED NURSE SUPERVISOR MEDICAL
|Department||DJS Hickey School|
|Date Opened||1/20/2022 11:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/17/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$58,441.00 - $95,703.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Charles H. Hickey Jr. School
9700 Old Harford Road
Parkville, MD 21234
Main Purpose of Job
- Plan, direct and supervise health care services and scheduling of employees in order to ensure consistent levels of care to youth;
- Coordinate, organize and oversee medical clinics in accordance with good health practice and nursing judgment;
- Perform nursing assessments on newly admitted youth and administer related admission testing and collection of laboratory specimens;
- Review health records to ensure medical orders are carried out, nursing diagnosis is accurate and appropriate, lab tests are current and documentation is complete and accurate on electronic and hard copy files;
- Compile health statistics, requested reports, and submit within guidelines and timelines.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Nursing under the licensing requirements for Registered Nurses.
Experience: Three years of experience as a Registered Nurse to include one year in a supervisory, administrative or teaching capacity and two years in the Medical option.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or a related field from an accredited college or university for one year of the required general experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree in Nursing or a health related field from an accredited college or university for two years of the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classifications or Nursing and Hospital Administration specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- One (1) year of experience providing medical services to a pediatric or adolescent population in a supervisory position.
- Candidates should possess strong communication skills-verbal and written, and have leadership skills.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215 or possess a current multi-state license in party states that candidates have declared as primary states of residence.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
Fax Number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other state agencies.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.