REGISTERED NURSE SUPERVISOR MEDICAL
|Department||MD School for Deaf - Frederick - Educational Svc.|
|Salary||$58,441.00 - $95,703.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Emily Hicks|
The Maryland School for the Deaf (MSD) is a diverse, bilingual community who, in partnership with families, provides an equitable and exemplary education in a nurturing, engaging and challenging environment to ensure our students achieve personal excellence and become lifelong learners. This is a position specific recruitment for the Maryland School for the Deaf.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland School for the Deaf - Frederick and Columbia Campuses
The Nurse Supervisor is responsible for the management, planning, coordination, implementation and supervision of the Student Health Center at Maryland School for the Deaf.
Supervise nurses in providing nursing care for the Student Health Center. Coordinate recruitment, selection and assignment of the nursing personnel. Plans and develops Student Health Center procedures. Ensures the Student Health Center is in compliance with the Maryland School Health Services Guidelines, COMAR and DHR regulations. Acts as liaison and resource to parents and school staff regarding health care and treatment. Monitors and coordinates health awareness programs for students, families, teachers, staff and nurses. Supervises and maintains accurate and up to date medical records, including annual physicals and updated immunizations.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Nursing under the licensing requirements for Registered Nurses.
Experience: Three years of experience as a Registered Nurse to include one year in a supervisory, administrative or teaching capacity and two years in the Medical option.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or a related field from an accredited college or university for one year of the required general experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree in Nursing or a health related field from an accredited college or university for two years of the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classifications or Nursing and Hospital Administration specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
· American Sign Language skills preferred. Successful candidate will be expected to acquire ASL skills
· School nursing experience highly desirable
· Previous supervisory experience preferred
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
· Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing. A Copy of the current license must be submitted with the application.
· Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215 or possess a current multi-state license in party states that candidates have declared as primary states of residence.
· Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
· Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
· Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number at which they can be reached.
· Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be admitted to the evaluation for this classification. Successful candidates will be ranked as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED OR QUALIFIED and placed on the employment eligible list. Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one (1) year.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If unable to apply online, or if you encounter difficulty, you may submit via mail, e-mail, fax, or deliver in person before the closing date and time. Please include your name and recruitment number on any documentation to ensure timely processing. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Additional or supplemental information must be submitted by the closing date and time. Application inquiries or supplemental information can be directed to the following: