REGISTERED NURSE SUPERVISOR MEDICAL (Repost)
|DJS Lower Eastern Shore Children's Ctr
|11/23/2022 10:00:00 AM
|4/21/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$87,446.00 - $112,091.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Plan, direct and supervise health care services and scheduling of employees in order to ensure consistent levels of care to youth.
- Coordinate, organize, and oversee medical clinics in accordance with good health practice and nursing judgment.
- Perform nursing assessments on newly admitted youth and administer related admission testing and collection of laboratory specimens.
- Review health records to ensure medical orders are carried out, a nursing diagnosis is accurate and appropriate, lab tests are current and documentation is complete and accurate on electronic and hard copy files.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Nursing under the licensing requirements for Registered Nurses.
Experience: Three years of experience as a Registered Nurse to include one year in a supervisory, administrative or teaching capacity and two years in the Medical option.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or a related field from an accredited college or university for one year of the required general experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree in Nursing or a health related field from an accredited college or university for two years of the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classifications or Nursing and Hospital Administration specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal candidate will have at least one year of providing medical services to a pediatric or adolescent population.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215 or possess a current multi-state license in party states that candidates have declared as primary states of residence.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this
recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other state agencies.
Should additional information
regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DJS Office of Human
Resources at email@example.com. Include the Recruitment Number that is
located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is
committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective
of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for