INTERNAL AUDITOR PROGRAM SUPERVISOR
|Department||MSDE - Office of the State Superintendent|
|Date Opened||11/17/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/1/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$69,672.00 - $112,091.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Langley|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
***This position is limited to current State of Maryland employees only***
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with 30 credit hours in accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by 3 credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Five years of experience conducting financial and operational internal audits that include elements for finance and compliance, economy and efficiency, and program results.
1. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor or a master’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute one year of professional accounting experience for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Internal Review classifications or Auditing specialty codes in the Financial or Auditing fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Supervisory experience including: assignment and review of work performed by staff, performance evaluations, time and leave approval, training and disciplining employees
- Experience in governmental fund accounting or grant accounting
- Experience reviewing audited financial statements for compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Uniform Guidance