COMPUTER NETWORK SPECIALIST II
|Department||MSP - Support Services Bureau|
|Date Opened||8/2/2022 3:20:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/17/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,992.00 - $88,315.00/year|
|HR Analyst||William Boniarski|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland State Police Headquarters
Information Technology Division
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
Main Purpose of Job
Provide technical assistance to resolve problems with hardware and software. This includes the installation, configuration, testing and data backup of computers, peripherals, software and network components; installation and configuration of network and computer operating systems. Preparation of equipment; pre-deployment imaging and configuration of equipment. Answer all service calls in assigned area of responsibility.
Provide support to the network and network infrastructure. This includes running and terminating cables, support of network ups systems, assisting in the diagnosis and troubleshooting of network services and appliances. Make recommendations for improvements.
Update/Maintain Web Help Desk service calls.
Research improvements to current strategies and make recommendations to advance current technologies. Including enhancement to current functions, including imaging and OS/software deployment.
Develop and provide training to end users on current systems.
Review, update and recommend policy and procedures regarding the use of the Departments technology assets. Create standard operating systems and other technical documentation.
Perform all other duties assigned by either the ITD Director or Command Staff.
Experience: Two years and six months of experience, one year of experience planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks and an additional eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by preparing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools; planning, installing and maintaining data communications network lines and devices; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software.
1. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the additional eighteen months of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and completion of a certification program in Network Administration, such as Certified Novell Administrator (CNA), Microsoft Certified Product Specialist NT 4.0 Administrator or equivalent certification program for the additional eighteen months of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas on a year-for-year basis for graduation from an accredited a high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate: operating computer systems, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computer systems, evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software or converting data from project specifications by developing programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
4. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree in computer information technology, management information systems, or other information technology related field, including course work in local or wide area computer networks, from an accredited college or university and one year of experience planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks for the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Network Analyst classifications or Network Integration and Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience with Microsoft Active Directory users account
2. One year of experience with computer imaging solutions
3. Experience in installation and maintenance of Microsoft-based software
4. Experience utilizing a help desk system
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
In accordance with Section 2-204(b)(6) of the Public Safety Article, candidates for positions in this position will be subject to an initial drug screening and a complete criminal background investigation to include a polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the candidate.
The selection process for this recruitment will involve a rating of training and experience provided on the application. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be placed on an eligible list in the BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED or QUALIFIED categories. The list will be used by the hiring manager to select the individual to fill this vacancy. The list will be valid for one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a qualifications supplement, or the rating may be based on your application. Report all experience and education that is related to this position. Applicants may be given a physical examination and will be subject to an interview, background investigation, polygraph examination and substance abuse testing.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online. Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police
Human Resources Division
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
ATTN: William Boniarski
For questions regarding this recruitment, contact email@example.com.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.