Network Infrastructure Services Supervisor
COMPUTER NETWORK SPECIALIST SUPERVISOR
|Department||Worker's Compensation Commission|
|Date Opened||11/15/2022 2:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/13/2022 2:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$65,306 to $95,450 with potential growth to $105,072/year|
|HR Analyst||Beth Richard|
Are you interested in advancing your career through experience and learning opportunities, while supporting a mission that makes a difference in your community? If yes, then WCC may be your next career destination. As a nationally recognized leader in implementing automation solutions to support our mission, we thrive on initiative, innovation, and collaboration. We are excited about what we do. This is agile public service. Bring your outstanding technology skills, a passion for your work, and come take the next step with us.
The Maryland Workers' Compensation Commission seeks to secure the equitable and timely administration of the provisions of the Maryland Workers' Compensation law on behalf of its customer, the injured workers, and their employers, by providing an efficient forum for the resolution of individual claims.
The Workers' Compensation Commission envisions a state wherein injured workers and employers are empowered to create an equitable partnership to facilitate prompt and fair resolution of workers' compensation matters.
Together we profoundly touch the lives of so many people and have enormous responsibility to the community by fulfilling our mission of securing equitable and timely administration of the law. The Commission continues to provide services to our constituent partners at a level rarely met throughout the United States. The professionalism, work ethic, and technological acumen manifest in our operations allows us to smoothly and effectively manage the challenges which invariably arise. Every division within the agency plays a vital role in keeping us in the forefront nationally...
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This position offers a unique career building opportunity for the Network Infrastructure Services Supervisor to participate in WCC's Enterprise Modernization (EM) project, a complete business process and technology refresh. Currently underway, the EM project uses upward trending low code/no code digital transformation tools and a growing list of cloud-based services to build flexible and extensible business apps, data, and decision support intelligence.
The Network Infrastructure Services Supervisor that we are looking for has a strong customer focus, using innovative approaches to deliver effective technology solutions that also delight customers. This position designs and implements solutions to solve key business and compliance needs in an integrated and simple manner, building in extensibility and security, and balancing the need for flexibility and agility with conformance to best practices.
The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of traditional network services, security, storage, virtualization, etc. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess significant experience with cloud-based architectures with an emphasis in security, identity management, backup solutions, devops, cost management, and architecture in hybrid environments.
Candidates MUST have the following experiences:
Experience: Four years and six months of experience, three years of experience planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks and an additional eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by preparing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools; planning, installing and maintaining data communications network lines and devices; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software.
1. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the additional eighteen months of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and completion of a certification program in Network Administration, such as Certified Novell Administrator (CNA), Microsoft Certified Product Specialist NT 4.0 Administrator equivalent certification program for the additional eighteen months of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas on a year-for-year basis for graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificated: operating computer systems, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computer systems, evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software or converting data from project specifications by developing programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
4. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree in computer information technology, management information systems or other information technology related field, including course work in local or wide area computer networks, from an accredited college or university and three years of experience planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks for the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Network Analyst classifications or Network Integration and Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The following are desired or preferred Qualifications:
• Employee may be required to be on-call or occasionally or asked to work outside of normal work hours or on weekends for production emergencies as well as planned system upgrades and therefore required to provide the agency with a telephone number or other mutually agreeable contact method where the employee can be reached.
• Employee may be required to drive to Agency Regional Site locations and must have a valid MD Driver's License.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number (22-004414-0011) on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Please include your resume and supplemental questions along with your completed employment application and resume.
Completed application, supplemental questionnaire, and supportive documentation, may be mailed to:
MD Workers' Compensation Commission
Attn: Personnel Department 7th floor,
10 E. Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
For information regarding this recruitment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 410-864-5230.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay