COMPUTER NETWORK SPECIALIST SUPERVISOR
|Department||Department of Human Services|
|Date Opened||12/5/2022 12:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/19/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$65,306.00 - $85,112.00 with potential growth up to $105,072.00/year|
|HR Analyst||LaToura Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Plans, coordinates, supervises and evaluates the work of lower-level Computer Network Specialists;
Consults with users to discuss local or wide area computer network software and hardware needs, to assess existing software and hardware and to survey the locations of new network sites;
Designs the structure of local or wide area computer networks and prepares plans, reports and diagrams documenting the type and location of software and hardware;
Installs operating system software and network communications software for computer networks;
Installs applications software and customizes as required;
Configures network software and hardware to provide for efficient and effective network performance and data security;
Prepares and assembles technical documentation and user documentation for network software and hardware;
Monitors the performance of the network software and hardware through network management and diagnostic programs and utilities, adjusts the network for maximum efficiency, maintains and analyzes records of network activity, and recommends and implements network software and hardware upgrades;
Diagnoses network software and hardware problems and makes repairs and adjustments or obtains service from software and hardware vendors and maintenance vendors;
Runs backups of network data, archives data as required and develops and maintains disaster recovery plans;
Enters users and their network privileges onto the network and provides ongoing user support;
Oversees the installation of network hardware;
Reviews technical manuals and other technical literature and attends workshops, seminars and training classes to learn various network systems used by the agency and to keep abreast of the latest developments in computer network technology;
May train users in computer network software and hardware;
May develop and program applications software;
May install and maintain network hardware such as printers, scanners or other networked devices;
May install and maintain communications links to mainframe computers;
May direct support staff responsible for user support, hardware installation, data entry and other support functions;
May prepare requests for proposals from contractual local or wide area computer network services, software and hardware and may evaluate proposals and oversee the execution of contracts;
May prepare statistical and narrative reports of network activities and special projects;
May supply information for the departmental information technology master plan and budget;
Performs other related duties.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Experience: Four years and six months of experience, three years of experience planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks and an additional eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by preparing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools; planning, installing and maintaining data communications network lines and devices; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software.
1. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the additional eighteen months of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and completion of a certification program in Network Administration, such as Certified Novell Administrator (CNA), Microsoft Certified Product Specialist NT 4.0 Administrator equivalent certification program for the additional eighteen months of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas on a year-for-year basis for graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificated: operating computer systems, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computer systems, evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software or converting data from project specifications by developing programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
4. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree in computer information technology, management information systems or other information technology related field, including course work in local or wide area computer networks, from an accredited college or university and three years of experience planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks for the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Network Analyst classifications or Network Integration and Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
One year of state or local government IT experience.
One year of server building, patching, and upgrading OS.
One year of Azure Active Directory experience including Enterprise Application and SSO configuration.
One year of remote desktop experience such as ZENworks, google remote desktop.
One year of Supervisory experience.
One year of customer service experience.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 135, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org: Voice 410-767-8844, toll-free: 1-800-332-6347.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Do not submit unsolicited documentation.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.