*REPOST* IT PROGRAMMER ANALYST, LEAD/ADVANCED
IT Project Manager
|Department||MDE - Coordinating Offices|
|Date Opened||5/19/2023 4:28:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/2/2023 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$61,225.00 - $98,523.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Olivia Finley|
The Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE) is seeking applicants to fill an IT Programmer Analyst, Lead/Advanced position within the Office of Information Management and Technology/Coordinating Offices. This is a position specific recruitment for the Maryland Department of the Environment. This recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies for the position/function only. The resulting cert list will be maintained for one year. Persons interested in future vacancies within this classification must re-apply.
**RECRUITMENT REPOST. PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT REAPPLY**
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Office of Information Management and Technology
1800 Washington Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
The IT Programmer Analyst Lead Advanced serves as the IT Project Manager and will be responsible for the successful completion of the Information Technology (IT) projects which involves overseeing all aspects of project implementation regarding initiation, planning and execution, monitoring and controlling, and closing project phases including scope, schedule, budge, risk, quality, and customer satisfaction. The IT Project Manager responsibilities also include determining operational and financial feasibility of developing systems and business processes. This lead position directs the work of MDE technical, functional, and business analysts, contractors and consultants.
The Project Manager assists the Director of Projects with projects in the development, implementation and monitoring project management policies, procedures, and standards throughout MDE to ensure the successful execution of IT projects on time, and on budget completion, and project deliverables meet defined requirements. The IT Project Manager is a critical position providing project management services to implement MDE’s IT projects including the online ePermitting portfolio, Environmental Tracking System (ETS) and Lead Rental Certification and Accreditation (LRCA) projects. Please refer to the Notes in the minimum qualification section of this bulletin for the education substitutions.
Experience: Six years of experience, two years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools and an additional four years of experience converting data from project specifications by writing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
1. Candidates may substitute six credit hours of coursework in application analysis and programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for six months of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by writing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the additional four years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and application programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the additional four years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute experience on a year-for-year basis in one of the following areas: operating computers, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computers, evaluating, implementing and maintaining hardware and software, for a high school education.
5. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field and two years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required experience.
6. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Computer Systems Programming classifications or Computer Systems Programming specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of this position. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be placed on the Eligible List categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. Please note that you will be required by the appointing agency to provide proof upon hire of all certifications, licenses, educational and work experiences.
For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
All Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the immigration and Reform Control Act. You must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under this Act in order to be hired in the position for which you applied.