Cybersecurity Defense Analyst
IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST II
|Department||Maryland State Retirement and Pension Systems|
|Date Opened||7/14/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/1/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$58,588.00 - $94,280.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cecelia Smith|
LOCATION OF POSITION
120 E. Baltimore Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Two years of experience maintaining and modifying operating systems for multipurpose, multi-tasking computers.
1. Candidates may substitute thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other information technology related field to include course work in machine or assembler computer languages, and operating system and data communication technology for multipurpose multi-tasking computers for one year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute experience operating multipurpose, multi-tasking computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining a tape library to process data on multipurpose, multi-tasking computer systems; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using third generation or other generally accepted computer programming languages; or designing, developing and maintaining communications networks on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other information technology related field to include course work in machine or assembler computer languages, and operating system and data communication technology for multipurpose, multi-tasking computers and one year of experience maintaining and modifying operating systems for multipurpose, multi-tasking computers for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Computer Systems Operations classifications or Computer Systems Operations specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The ideal applicant should have the following experience:
- Skilled in the Cybersecurity discipline; knowledgeable in topics related to Internet security, troubleshooting advanced/complex interplay of malware at both the endpoint and network exposure points, experience with incident management and related tasks involving forensic evidence preservation and interpretation.
- Experience with incident response and handling, intrusion detection systems, and monitoring/ identifying/mitigating threats from the generated system log events outputted from such system.
- At least one year of experience with NextGen Internet firewalls; setup & configuration, building policies and troubleshooting complex traffic issues.
- At least one year of experience with Security Information Event Management (SIEM) systems; dashboard configuration, event correlation analysis and ability to build incident playbooks.
- At least one year of experience with database activity monitoring systems; setup monitoring rules, reporting and event interpretation
- At least one year of experience with Data Leak Protection (DLP) systems; configuration, policy building and reporting.
- Familiar with information security standards and guidelines (e.g., Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), FISMA, NIST, etc.).
- Certifications – CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker), CompTIA Security+, GIAC certifications (GISF, GSEC, GISP, etc.)
- Good interpersonal and technical writing skills.
Employees in this classification may be subject to call 24 hours a day and, therefore, may be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where the employee can be reached or will be furnished with a pager.