IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST II
|DJS Departmental Support
|12/5/2022 08:49:00 AM
|12/19/2022 11:59:00 PM
|$61,225.00 - $98,523.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
Cheltenham Youth Detention Center
Main Purpose of Job
- Provide physical installation of network equipment, racks, and infrastructure (both locally and at field sites).
- Windows server/desktop OS hardware and software design and lifecycle management.
- Configure routing protocols, complex switch networks, and Fabric Path configurations.
- Upgrade the configuration of existing network equipment to support new features and functions.
- Analyze current network configurations and determine implementation requirements.
- Ability to understand the needs of internal clients and translate their input into requirements.
- Work with field installation contractors while they are on-site and provide all technical details to complete installations.
- Contribute to the development of network documentation, including diagrams, standards, specifications, and operating procedures.
- Maintain and extend expertise in applicable areas of network and computer hardware and software technology.
Experience: Two years of experience maintaining and modifying operating systems for multipurpose, multi-tasking computers.
1. Candidates may substitute thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other information technology related field to include course work in machine or assembler computer languages, and operating system and data communication technology for multipurpose multi-tasking computers for one year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute experience operating multipurpose, multi-tasking computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining a tape library to process data on multipurpose, multi-tasking computer systems; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using third generation or other generally accepted computer programming languages; or designing, developing and maintaining communications networks on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other information technology related field to include course work in machine or assembler computer languages, and operating system and data communication technology for multipurpose, multi-tasking computers and one year of experience maintaining and modifying operating systems for multipurpose, multi-tasking computers for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Computer Systems Operations classifications or Computer Systems Operations specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university five years of experience in Network Engineering disciplines may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Experience with Active Directory architecture and management.
- 3 years of experience, assembling and configuring equipment racks comprised of RAIDs, switches, and enterprise hosts.
- Strong experience with routing and switching platforms (OSPF, BGP, VPN's).
- Experience with the installation of fiber optic and copper cabling including testing and maintenance.
- Understanding of WLAN technologies, network management, and security, including IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN standards and industry best practices.
- Experience testing wireless products including access points, controllers and other WLAN infrastructure and client devices for evaluation.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient
information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for
this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be
submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted
after this date. Successful candidates will be placed on the eligible (employment)
list for at least one year. For education obtained outside of the U.S., a copy
of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential
evaluation will be required prior to hire. The resulting certified eligible
list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other
The online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin, and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office
of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the
As an equal opportunity
employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees
who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience
gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for
all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.