IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST SUPERVISOR
|Department||DJS Departmental Support|
|Date Opened||5/16/2022 2:28:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/30/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$58,441.00 - $95,703.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Supervision: Directs, plans, coordinates, supervises and evaluates the work of the Desktop Support Team in achieving short and long-term goals, training and development goals and completes all PEPs, timesheets and leave requests within the required time limits. Trains team members. Additionally, this position establishes policies and procedures for the team in all aspects of their work.
- Operating Systems & Network Support: Oversees the installation, testing, debugging and maintenance of new and revised operating system software, specifically: computer and laptop imaging, upgraded network systems, modification of operating systems, infrastructure support of servers, network switches, router hardware, installation of operating system software and security updates, and development of technical documentation.
- Customer Support: Oversees the resolution of issues related to operating systems, networking connections and equipment for system users.
- Inventory Management: Oversees the management of inventory for computer hardware and software.
- Vendor Coordination: Oversees the coordination of vendor representatives in the installation, testing and repair of new hardware and software.
Experience: Four years of experience maintaining and modifying operating systems for multipurpose, multi-tasking computers.
1. Candidates may substitute thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field to include course work in machine or assembler computer languages, and operating system and data communication technology for multipurpose, multi-tasking computers for one year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute experience operating multipurpose, multi-tasking computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining a tape library to process data on multipurpose, multi-tasking computer systems; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using third generation or other generally accepted computer programming languages; or designing, developing and maintaining communications networks on a year-or-year basis for a high school education.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other information technology related field to include course work in machine or assembler computer languages, and operating system and data communication technology for multipurpose, multi-tasking computers and three years of experience maintaining and modifying operating systems for multipurpose, multi-tasking computers for the required experience.Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Computer Systems Operations classifications or Computer Systems Operations specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with installing, testing, debugging and maintaining new and revised operating system software or data communication software.
- Experience with monitoring computer system performance and utilization and develops plans to modify and upgrade operating systems.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
This recruitment is limited to current Maryland Department of Juvenile Services employees only.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. Applicants who meet the Minimum Qualifications will be placed on the eligible list categorized as QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED OR BEST QUALIFIED. Candidates shall be certified to the eligible list for a period of one year. This list will be used by the DJS hiring agency to select employees.
Online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5:00 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
One Center Plaza
217 E Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.