IT QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST SUPERVISOR **REPOST**
|Department||MDH Deputy Secretary for Operations|
|Date Opened||5/13/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/8/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$58,441.00 - $76,108.00 with potential growth to $95,703.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Latosha Keene|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Seven years of experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining application systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages.
1. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field with course work in systems analysis and programming, operating systems, or information technology quality assurance for four years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and one year of experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining application systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages for four years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute experience operating computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output to process data on computer systems; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
4. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field with course work in systems analysis and programming, operating systems or information technology quality assurance and three years of experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages for the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Information Technology Management classifications or Information Technology Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Establishing and maintaining installation and retirement schedules for IT (software) assets; by monitoring software product life cycle(s);
- Working with procurement teams and other key stakeholders to track software licenses, software licenses tied to hardware and software licenses tied to named users, and track maintenance/support/renewals of contracts/licenses for applicable hardware and software;
- Maintaining an ITAM process and inventory of software, hardware and mobile and cloud assets;
- Managing processes regarding the receipt, distribution, licensing, and disposal of IT assets;
- Performing audits of IT assets by coordinating with external and internal teams;
- Ensuring that the appropriate proof of software licenses are available and that it is built into current/future contracts;
- Ensuring compliance with manufacturer software/hardware contracts (licenses) by carrying out effective planning and monitoring;
- Managing and maintaining databases and documentation of information such as licenses, service agreements, license/subscription renewals and warranties for software and hardware;
- Providing guidance on the implementation and on-boarding of new software and hardware solutions/assets and the disposition of obsolete software and hardware;
- Experience with records retention is a plus.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|