IT SYSTEMS TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
Application and Server Support
|Department||MSP - Support Services Bureau|
|Date Opened||1/21/2022 1:40:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/11/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$58,441.00 - $95,703.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kirsten Clouse|
It is important that all experience be fully documented. Failure to LIST ALL EXPERIENCE AND ANSWER ALL SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS SPECIFICALLY AND ACCURATELY may cause the candidate to be rejected.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland State Police Headquarters
Information Technology Division
1201 Reisterstown RoadPikesville, MD 21208
Main Purpose of Job
Provide support to the MSP Licensing Division ITD applications to include, but not limited to: My License, HQL and LPortal.
Write new SQL queries, modify or update existing ones to produce and disseminate, weekly and monthly reports on license status.
Maintain and monitor network and server operations.
Perform special assignments, such as hardware configuration review, feasibility studies which involve long-range planning and an understanding and evaluation of diverse technical options to determine the course current and future information technology solutions, methods and standards.
Perform any other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Command Staff.
Experience: Four years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application, communication, database or operating systems software.
1. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field to include coursework in application, communication, database or operating systems software technology for one year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute experience operating computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output to process data on computer systems; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages on a year- for-year basis for a high school education.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field to include coursework in application, communication, database or operating systems software technology and three years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application, communication, database or operating systems software for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Computer Systems Operations classifications or Computer Systems Operations specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience supporting the My License Platform.
2. Experience working with MS SQL databases, writing SQL queries and stored procedures.
3. Experience in Web Site Maintenance.
4. Two years of experience in network architecture design, implementation, management and troubleshooting.5. One year experience working with secure web portal systems.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
In accordance with Section 2-204(b)(6) of the Public Safety Article, candidates for positions in this position will be subject to an initial drug screening and a complete criminal background investigation to include a polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the candidate.
The selection process for this recruitment will involve a rating of training and experience provided on the application. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be placed on an eligible list in the BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED or QUALIFIED categories. The list will be used by the hiring manager to select the individual to fill this vacancy. The list will be valid for one year.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online. Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police
Human Resources Division
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
ATTN: Kirsten M. Clouse
For questions regarding this recruitment, contact email@example.com
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.