IT FUNCTIONAL ANALYST II - POWERSCHOOL INFORMATION SYSTEM (JSEP)
Functional Analyst II-(JSEP)
|Department||DJS Departmental Support|
|Date Opened||5/20/2022 3:25:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/3/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$48,360.00 - $78,741.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jakiraman Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
DJS Information Technology Unit
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to provide problem analysis and ongoing user support, coordinating system development and implementation, and training users in the functionality of the information systems utilized by employees of the Department of Juvenile Services. This position shall have knowledge of PowerSchool Information System (SIS) and will serve as the IT SME for the Juvenile Services Education Board and Program (JSEP). This position uses knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), agile, and waterfall methodologies.
- Monitors the use of applications, performs problem analysis and documentation for the design and development, of application system corrections and enhancements. Analyzes modifications to determine system impact and estimates resources required to perform modifications. Additionally, collaborates with individual users, committees in support of system corrections and enhancements. This position will have a primary focus on the PowerSchool Information System.
- Provides system testing of application system corrections or enhancements, including the development of test scripts, test case scenarios and hands on testing of system applications.
- Provides Tier II technical support of software applications, as well as coordinates and supports user groups for the advancement of the system application and the users’ operating knowledge. This position will serves as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the PowerSchool Information System.
- Develops, reviews, and updates application documentations, and training materials to ensure that the information is accurate, relevant, current, and user-friendly. Additionally, collaborates with the DJS training unit, to coordinate and conduct on and off-site training for DJS staff on the functions and capabilities of complex applications.
Experience: Three years of experience providing problem analysis and ongoing user support, coordinating system development and implementation, and training users on the functionality of applications for agency or statewide systems housed on mainframe computers or large client server platforms.
1. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and two years of experience providing problem analysis and ongoing user support, coordinating system development and implementation, and training users on the functionality of applications for agency or statewide systems housed on mainframe or large client server platforms for two years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute experience responding to and resolving help desk calls from users of computers, or operating computer equipment for the purpose of data entry, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, database or other applications on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources Management, Information Technology or other related field with specific coursework in the structure and use of automated information systems and one year of experience providing problem analysis and ongoing user support, coordinating system development and implementation, and training users on the functionality of applications for agency or statewide systems housed on mainframe computers or large client server platforms for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Cyber and Information Systems classifications or Cyber and Information specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of two years of experience working on business analysis, requirements, and processes.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with software, development of test scripts, and test scenarios based on program and users’ requirements.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Knowledge of PowerSchool Information System (SIS), and to provide technical support, training, and gather business requirements for the PowerSchool Information System.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. Applicants who meet the Minimum Qualifications will be placed on the eligible list categorized as QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED OR BEST QUALIFIED. Candidates shall be certified to the eligible list for a period of one year. This list will be used by the DJS hiring agency to select employees.
Online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
One Center Plaza
217 E Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Jakiraman Jones
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.