FAMILY SERVICES CASEWORKER II
|Department||DHS - Garrett County DSS|
|Filing Deadline||2/4/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,875.00 - $53,980/year with potential growth to $66,441.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Scott Waddel|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an appropriate behavioral science, such as: child development, sociology, social work, psychology, counseling, nursing, criminology, juvenile justice, human growth and development, human services, mental health or human resources management that includes at least 30 credit hours in human services or human development.
EXPERIENCE: Two years providing casework or community organizational services in a public or private social service agency.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a License as a Bachelor of Social Work from the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners for one year of the required experience.
2. These requirements are established by the Social Services Administration by authority provided in Human Services Article, Title 4, Subtitle 301, Section (b) (1) of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits does not have the authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.1. One year of experience working in child welfare.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification must complete an approved training program and pass a competency test prior to permanent appointment to positions.
2. Employees in this classification are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the Department of Human Services. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
3. Employees in this classification may be subject to on-call duty and may be required to provide telephone numbers at where they can be reached.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position.
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 135, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please email requested information only to email@example.com. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please email Scott Waddel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.