FAMILY SERVICES CASEWORKER II
|Department||Department of Human Services|
|Date Opened||4/1/2022 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/16/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,717.00 - $55,067.00/year with the growth potential up to $69,134.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Betty Ketterman|
This Statewide recruitment is opened to allow candidates to apply and establish a list of eligible candidates to be used to fill current and future vacancies occurring in our Local Department of Social Services throughout the State.
Telework options may be available for this position. Telework is at the discretion of the hiring authority and can be discussed during the interview process.
Your name will remain on the eligible list and your expiration date has been extended. Placement on this list is not a guarantee that you will be offered an interview for any given vacancy.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an appropriate behavioral science, such as: child development, sociology, social work, psychology, counseling, nursing, criminology, juvenile justice, human growth and development, human services, mental health or human resources management that includes at least 30 credit hours in human services or human development.
Experience: Two years providing casework or community organizational services in a public or private social service agency.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a License as a Bachelor of Social Work from the Maryland State Board of Social Work Examiners for one year of the required experience.
2. These requirements are established by the Social Services Administration by authority provided in Human Services Article, Title 4, Subtitle 301, Section (b) (1) of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits does not have the authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification must complete an approved training program and pass a competency test prior to permanent appointment to positions.
2. Employees in this classification are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the Department of Human Services. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
3. Employees in this classification may be subject to on-call duty and may be required to provide telephone numbers at where they can be reached.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.