FISCAL ACCOUNTS CLERK SUPERVISOR
General Accounting Division
|Department||COMP General Accounting Division|
|Date Opened||9/22/2022 2:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/6/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,874.00 - $68,061.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Carole Feldkamp|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of experience reviewing, verifying, recording, adjusting and balancing financial transactions.
- Experience calculating and recording financial, statistical or other numerical data may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required high school education.
- Six credit hours in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
- A minimum of five courses or six months of accounting-related training in a vocational training program in subjects such as journalizing transactions, analyzing transactions into debits and credits, posting to a general ledger, payroll, bank reconciliations, accounts payable, and accounts receivable may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Financial Clerical/Finance Technicians classifications or specialty codes in the financial field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of reviewing, verifying, recording, adjusting and balancing financial transactions;
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of bookkeeping;
- Knowledge of the organization of common books of accounts and the process of monitoring financial records;
- Skill in posting and balancing accounts and calculating percentages;
- Skill in resolving problems associated with incomplete, inaccurate or conflicting source data and in reconciling and correcting errors in specialized accounts;
- Skill in managing work time efficiently and effectively under deadlines;
- Skill in using a computer or business machine to access, input and extract data;
- Ability to prepare periodic and special financial records reports;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with agency fiscal staff, data processing clerks, payroll personnel, vendors and representatives from fiscal control agencies;
- Ability to plan, coordinate, supervise and evaluate the work of Fiscal Accounts Clerks.
Only applicants who meet the minimum and selective qualifications for this recruitment will be considered for this opportunity. Approval of your application will be based on a review of your education, training and experience. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above. Due to the nature of this list, all qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year.
Qualifying applicants are subject to an oral interview. Prior to appointment, the employee must successfully undergo a comprehensive background investigation including a review of criminal, MVA and tax records; and determination of legal authorization to work in the United States or under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. This background check is comprehensive and may involve fingerprinting. Upon initial appointment OR promotion to a position in the State Personnel Management System, an employee is required to serve an initial six- month probationary period. This probationary period may be extended an additional six months under certain circumstances at the discretion of the appointing authority.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. If you are seeking veteran's preference, please submit a copy of your DD-214.
The preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Any attachments necessary to demonstrate the minimum qualifications were met must be submitted by the filing deadline.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you choose fax or email as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
- First and Last Name
- Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
- The last four digits of your SS#
Fax: 410-974-5249 – This fax number is for Comptroller of Maryland recruitment efforts only.
For Further Questions
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 260-7695 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.