FISCAL ACCOUNTS TECHNICIAN II
|Department||DGS Facilities Operations and Maintenance|
|Date Opened||1/12/2022 11:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/26/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$37,039.00 - $58,359.00/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Tammy Vehstedt|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position is within the Department of General Services, Office of Facilities Management at our Catonsville (Baltimore County) facility. However, the list created from this recruitment may also be used to fill other vacancies, in this classification, as they arise.
The main purpose of this position is to provide administrative and secretarial support to the Manager and four Maintenance Supervisors housed at four District Court facilities within a Region. This position maintains all files and assures the office is functioning in an orderly manner, working independently with minimal supervision. Also, serves as the key person for fiscal and budget management for the Region.
This is an emergency essential position subject to emergency release procedures. Employees in this position must be willing and available for duty at all hours, day or night, and are required to remain or report for duty at all hours as needed to maintain the continuous operation of this agency.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Monitor the office for all incoming calls or visitors. Acts as an intermediary for the Regional Manager and Maintenance Supervisors. Organize and coordinate work requests/complaints with Maintenance Supervisors, maintaining all requests through EMaint work order system.
- Responsible for processing service contracts: Prepare fund certs, type contracts from draft, prepare documents for bid, assist in site visits. Prepare documents for award and forward to appropriate offices for approval.
- Acts as a point of contact for requests, complaints, and information to the office. Consults with agencies regarding building issues.
- Process purchase orders for building maintenance and office supplies; contacting vendors to place orders, receiving orders assuring all paperwork is intact and contacting the fiscal services for invoicing.
- Develop, update and implement automated spreadsheets, and reports. Assist in budget preparation by compiling necessary data and calculating current funding requests based on agency needs.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required that enable Department of General Services to fulfill its mission of providing and maintaining buildings that are safe, secure and operationally efficient.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience reconciling agency accounting systems to fiscal control systems or developing automated spreadsheets, ledgers and reports using accounting software packages or identifying budget trends and recommending budget realignments.
1. Candidates may substitute experience calculating and recording financial, statistical or other numerical data may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Financial Clerical/Finance Technicians classifications or specialty codes in the financial field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
Applicants must possess the following selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding all qualifications.
- Six months of experience receiving, entering and closing service requests in a work order system.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding all qualifications.
- Experience in a customer service setting.
- Experience working with tenants of a facility or commercial building.
- Experience preparing monthly budget reports.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications, specifically utilizing Microsoft Word to create and edit documents, and Microsoft Excel to create new spreadsheets, enter data and utilize formulas and functions.
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please include all experience and education that is related to this position. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date; information submitted after the closing date will not be considered. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week; you must include the time spent on such activities on your application.
Note that for any position requiring a college degree or college credit, you will be required to submit a college transcript prior to being offered a position. You may submit your transcript as part of the application process.
The examination for this position will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. The eligibility list will be valid for one year and may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring authority to select employees for interviews. Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
You MUST possess the minimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job – verification will be completed upon hire. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of being placed on the eligibility list, you may participate in the selection process. Permanent State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of being placed on an eligibility list.
Please note, selected candidates may be required to complete and successfully pass a State and Federal fingerprint background check prior to being hired.
You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
Contact email@example.com or call 410-767-4986 with questions about this recruitment. The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. Apply online at www.dgs.maryland.gov - click on Employment on the left side of the screen. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Suite 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|