FISCAL ACCOUNTS TECHNICIAN II
|Department||DGS Administrative Services|
|Date Opened||6/23/2022 10:10:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/8/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$40,320 - $63,797/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Mojisola Ogungbe|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position is available in the Fiscal Services Division for the Department of General Services(DGS) with the Account Payable Unit; located at 301 W. Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201.
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is the maintenance of accounts payable for all programs/subprograms within the Department of General Services, consisting of an annual general operating budget of $85 million for a total budget of $125 million, which includes General, Special, Federal and Reimbursable Funds.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
• Providing technical guidance and directions concerning fiscal policies and procedures to fiscal clerical staff in various units of DGS.
• Entering, posting, recording and executing payments in the accounting system by capturing appropriate data from various approved source documents.
• Reconciling DGS accounting systems to fiscal control systems on a periodic basis by comparing the reports of the two accounting systems, locating and researching differences, tracing discrepancies to source documents, making necessary adjustments and maintaining an audit trail as it relates to Critical Maintenance Account, and Fleet Service invoices.
• Resolving accounting and budgetary issues as it relates to the proper submission of Expense Vouchers for various DGS employees.
• Researching discrepancies in account balances by retrieving and examining original chronological records to design reports to correct miscalculations or posting errors.
• Summarizing numerical data using computer programs, adding machines or calculators for use in the development, to update and implementation of financial records reports to be used by other fiscal staff.
• Communicating with external and internal customers regarding incomplete or inaccurate invoices, reports or delinquent accounts.
• Performing other related duties assigned by the Accountant who works as the Supervisor of the Unit, the Deputy Director and the Director.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate. Experience: One year of experience reconciling agency accounting systems to fiscal control systems or developing automated spreadsheets, ledgers and reports using accounting software packages or identifying budget trends and recommending budget realignments.
1. Candidates may substitute experience calculating and recording financial, statistical or other numerical data may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Financial Clerical/Finance Technicians classifications or specialty codes in the financial field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualifications. Includeclear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
One (1) year of fiscal experience with a State of Maryland agency is strongly preferred.
Working knowledge and experience using the State’s Financial Management Information System (FMIS) is preferred.
Experience with Microsoft Office is preferred.
Experience with Google Suite is preferred.
It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please include all experience and education that is related to this position. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date; information submitted after the closing date will not be considered. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week; you must include the time spent on such activities on your application.
Note that for any position requiring a college degree or college credit, you will be required tosubmit a college transcript prior to being offered a position. You may submit your transcript as part of the application process.
The examination for this position will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. The eligibilitylist will be valid for one year and may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring authority toselect employees for interviews. Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
You MUST possess the minimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job –verification will be completed upon hire. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of being placed on the eligibility list, you may participate inthe selection process. Permanent State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of being placed on an eligibility list.
Please note, selected candidates may be required to complete and successfully pass a Stateand Federal fingerprint background check prior to being hired.
You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-767-4986 with questions about this recruitment. The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. Apply online at www.dgs.maryland.gov – click on Employment on the left side of the screen. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Suite 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.