FISCAL ACCOUNTS TECHNICIAN II
|Department||Department of Human Services|
|Date Opened||7/6/2022 10:43:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/20/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$40,320.00 - $50,950.00/year with potential growth to $63,797.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Betty Ketterman|
This Statewide recruitment is opened to allow candidates to apply and establish a list of eligible candidates to be used to fill current and future vacancies occurring in our Local Department of Social Services throughout the State.
Telework options may be available for this position. Telework is at the discretion of the hiring authority and can be discussed during the interview process.
Placement on this list is not a guarantee that you will be offered an interview for any given vacancy.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience reconciling agency accounting systems to fiscal control systems or developing automated spreadsheets, ledgers and reports using accounting software packages or identifying budget trends and recommending budget realignments.
1. Candidates may substitute experience calculating and recording financial, statistical or other numerical data may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Financial Clerical/Finance Technicians classifications or specialty codes in the financial field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
The ideal applicant would possess:
1. One year of experience using the State’s Financial Management Information System (FMIS).
2. One year of fiscal/accounting experience with the State of Maryland.
3. One year of experience using Microsoft Office Suite to create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations and Google Sheets.
4. One year of procurement experience with the State of Maryland.
5. One year experience in accounting, bookkeeping or financial transactions.
6. One year experience explaining financial data to customers.
7. Six months of experience working in a team environment.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
It is imperative to list all computer and software experience on your application pertaining to your job duties.