FISCAL ACCOUNTS TECHNICIAN II
|Department||MIL Administrative Headquarters|
|Date Opened||12/5/2022 12:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/19/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,135.00 - $54,229 with the potential to reach $66,668.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Nick Pindale|
Join a dynamic team of State employees that supports the Maryland National Guard, their mission and the other State employees of the Maryland Military Department. This position works on a compressed work schedule from 6:30 am to 5 pm, Tuesday thru Friday and is eligible for a Hybrid Telework schedule. The Maryland Military Department offers free gated parking at this location.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Fifth Regiment Armory
The main purpose is to assist with the payroll and timekeeping functions for the Maryland Military Department that includes over 200 Regular employees, 50 contractual employees and 5000 Maryland National Guard Soldiers for periods of State Emergency events, declared by the Governor of Maryland. This position is considered confidential.
As the Agency Timekeeper, this position will assist in the processing of payroll processing and leave records for the programs under the Maryland Military Department. Duties will include but are not limited to:
· Prepares, edits, and updates spreadsheets.
· Performs timekeeping duties using Workday.
· Prepares the online Exception Time Report for regular employees and the Positive Time Report for contractual employees.
· Maintains leave records for regular employees.
· Assists in the preparation of annual payroll and timekeeping statistical reports.
· Prepares and provides information for Military Department managers to assist in payroll management and control.
· Prepares reports for Program managers for reporting and managing budgeted funds for payroll expenditures.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience reconciling agency accounting systems to fiscal control systems or developing automated spreadsheets, ledgers and reports using accounting software packages or identifying budget trends and recommending budget realignments.
1. Candidates may substitute experience calculating and recording financial, statistical or other numerical data may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Financial Clerical/Finance Technicians classifications or specialty codes in the financial field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1) One year experience processing state payroll.
2) One year experience in the Workday role of timekeeper.
3) Proven Excel and/or Google sheets experience.
As an employee of the State of Maryland, you will have access to outstanding benefits package which includes health insurance, dental, and vision plans offered at a low cost. Click on this link for more details:
Leave Benefits include:
Military Veterans may qualify for additional bonus points towards certification.
A copy of your proof of eligibility (DD214) for Veterans’ Credit must be in this office and completely verified before Veterans’ Credit will be approved.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application to: Maryland Military Department State Personnel Office, 29th Division Street, Room B10, Baltimore, MD 21201-2288.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Nick Pindale via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Fax: 667-239-3559
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country!