Fiscal Services Administrator V
|Department||MD State Department of Education|
|Date Opened||11/29/2022 08:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/3/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$102,284.00 - $136,233.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Holly Winchester|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Leads the development and maintenance of budget Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and conducts training for MSDE staff on budget processes.
- Manages the fund control to assure that each fund is budgeted at control levels.
- Assures the budget is prepared in accordance with instructions promulgated by the Maryland Department of Budget and Management (DBM).
- Handles preparation of Deficiency Requests, Over the Target Requests, and Supplemental Budget Requests.
- Oversees the control of budgeted positions authorized through the budget process or by the Board of Public Works.
- Coordinates the Budget presentations to the State Superintendent of Schools and the State Board of Education.
- Develops responses to questions posed by the budget analysts from the Department of Budget and Management and the Department of Legislative Services for the Senior Executive Director of Policy Analysis and Fiscal Compliance and the Assistant State Superintendent of Financial Planning, Operations, and Strategy.
- Reviews and approves changes to the MSDE budgets including amendments and realignments as required.
- Oversees the preparation of monthly budget reports on State Aid, Headquarters, and Grants which contain Realignment Requests and Explanation of Adjustments, along with reconciliation to the Appropriation recorded by the Comptroller’s Office.
- Reviews and approves funding certification for contractual employees through the Non-Exempt Contractual Employee Budget Authorization requests.
- Reviews Reimbursable Fund agreements to recognize interdepartmental funding authorization.
- Coordinates the fiscal year-end closing budget amendment by developing adjustments to be included in the final budget amendment.
- Applicants must have at least one (1) year of experience leading a State budgeting process with increasing responsibilities.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Additional (over 1 year) State or Federal budgeting experience
- Experience with Maryland State financial database/systems such as Financial Management Information Systems (FMIS) and R*STARS
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant
- Experience in the interpretation of State and Federal Statutes and Regulations
- Ability to supervise staff, manage projects, monitor performance, and implement improvements
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|