FISCAL SERVICES CHIEF II
|Department||MIL Administrative Headquarters|
|Date Opened||12/5/2022 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/19/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$69,672.00 - $112,091.00/year per state salary guidelines|
|HR Analyst||Nick Pindale|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Fifth Regiment Armory
29th Division St.Baltimore, MD 21202
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
· Manages and directs fiscal operations to ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations, policies, and procedures in accordance with GAAP & GAGAS. Formulates and implements fiscal policies and procedures to meet departmental, State, Federal and other funding source laws, and requirements.
· This includes budget formulation, administration of the Agency's complex grant programs, development of grants management control procedures to ensure accurate recording of grant expenditures and full recovery of federal revenues and the development of projections, spending plans and other financial analyses.
· Oversees the preparation of the operating budget by reviewing program requests for format, fund limitations and compliance with departmental and control agency instructions and by calculating and verifying actual and estimated expenditures and other budget figures.
· Oversees the compilation of supporting fiscal and statistical data for presentation of the budget to departmental budget specialists and other funding sources.
· Monitors expenditures, prepares periodic and special budget projections and recommends adjustments in budget appropriations to meet operational necessities.
· Modifies and implements manual and automated systems in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and departmental and control agency guidelines.
· Reviews, approves, and analyzes periodic and special reports to meet departmental and funding source requirements, and to keep management advised of the fiscal status of the agency.
· Plans, coordinates, supervises, and evaluates the work of the Senior Accountant and Logistics Manager and related fiscal clerical support staff.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with 30 credit hours in accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by 3 credit hours in audit
Experience: Four years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Applicants who had met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
2. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a Master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
3. Applicants may substitute one year of professional budgeting experience or one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Financial Management specialty codes in the Financial field on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
As an employee of the State of Maryland, you will have access to outstanding benefits package which includes health insurance, dental, and vision plans offered at a low cost. Click on this link for more details:
Leave Benefits include:
Military Veterans may qualify for additional bonus points towards certification.
A copy of your proof of eligibility (DD214) for Veterans’ Credit must be in this office and completely verified before Veterans’ Credit will be approved.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application to: Maryland Military Department State Personnel Office, 29th Division Street, Room B10, Baltimore, MD 21201-2288.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Nick Pindale via email at email@example.com. Fax: 667-239-3559
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country!