Financial Compliance Auditor, Lead **REPOST**
Audit Project Lead (Multiple Vacancies)
|Department||MSDE - Office of the State Superintendent|
|Date Opened||9/1/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/3/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$59,608.00 - $92,290.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Langley|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Performs pre-audit analysis and prepares working papers for field audits
- Reviews COMAR and administrative directions to develop audit procedures for testing conditions governing use of State funds
- Prepares audit working papers using computer audit/accounting software
- Completes pre-audit analysis Audits accounting records and program office documentation to ensure State funds were used in compliance with State laws and regulations
- Trains Financial Compliance Auditors and assists auditors with auditing procedures
- Assigned special projects and performs data analyses as directed.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with 30 credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by 3 credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Three years of experience performing financial and compliance audits of a State agency, grantee, business or other entity.
1. Applicants who had met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor or a Master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
3. Applicants may substitute one year of professional accounting experience for one year of auditing experience only.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Internal Review classifications or Auditing specialty codes in the Financial or Auditing fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of State laws and regulations, State fiscal operations, ability to interpret laws, policies, and program outcomes
- Knowledge of government auditing standards and internal audit standards
- Skill in determining compliance with or deviations from laws, regulations, or contract provisions
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
It is preferred that applicants complete the MD State Government online application for employment. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If the applicant is unable to apply online, paper applications can be obtained from the link below and mailed to MSDE Office of Human Resources, 200 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. If there is a supplemental questionnaire, this must be completed and sent in with your paper application, if you are unable to apply online.
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application, or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to 410-767-0019, TDD 410-333-3045. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work is required in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.