Bank Reconciliation Accountant
|Maryland State Retirement and Pension Systems
|2/16/2023 10:00:00 AM
|12/18/2023 11:59:00 PM
|$57,467.00 - $92,290.00/year
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
*Performs the monthly reconciliations of miscellaneous withholdings remittances in order to ensure accurate and timely remittance of deductions to include federal and state income taxes, hospitalization, credit union, union dues, life insurance, United Way contributions and liens by following established policies and procedures.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Three years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* A minimum of three years of experience working with multiply
* A minimum of three years of experience working with ACH, EFT
and bank transactions;
* A minimum of three years of experience working with
automated ledger systems and reconciliations;
**The ideal candidate will have the ability to be clear and concise when analyzing data when there are many factors involved and be able to provide insights and resolutions to resolve any issues if found with the data.