ACCOUNTANT MANAGER I
|Department||Governor's Ofc of Crime Prev, Youth & Victim Serv|
|Date Opened||8/4/2022 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/18/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$66,671.00 - $107,264.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cindy Mann|
The Governor’s Office of Crime Prevention, Youth, and Victim Services is local governments’ one-stop shop for resources to improve public safety in Maryland. We provide access to federal and state grant funds and we can provide assistance to your town, city, county, agency as it attempts to maneuver through the red tape to tap these resources.
We work with you to
plan your project, coordinate stakeholders, develop accountability measures and
get results from your investments and efforts. We connect you to best
practices in national and state programming and innovations.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Three years of experience examining, analyzing, and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Our Preferred Candidate Will Have the Following
1. Experience working with the State of MD FMIS and ADPICS system
2. Experience supervising other fiscal staff.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.