AGENCY PROJECT ENGINEER/ARCHITECT III
|Department||DNR - Engineering and Construction|
|Date Opened||4/29/2022 11:20:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/22/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,822.00 - $89,738.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Laurita Lesperance|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position will serve as Project Manager for the Southern Region (St. Mary’s, Calvert, Charles, Prince George’s, and Anne Arundel Counties.), and will provide a full performance level of maintenance and engineering work, providing the technical design, procurement services and inspection of systems and utilities related to the maintenance of buildings and grounds owned by the Department of Natural Resources. The incumbent will be involved with project evaluation, prioritization, design, management and follow-up of multiple projects associated with the maintenance, repair and renovations to buildings, roads, utilities and other forms of infrastructure.
The duties of this position will require the incumbent to have:
• Strong interpersonal skills regarding making decisions, communication, respect toward others, customer service, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, prioritize workloads, conduct meetings, maintain official records/files, and evaluate progress from concept to completion.
• Ability to communicate effectively with individuals of various levels of knowledge and experience, both written and verbally.
• Proficient in using computers using standard office software such as Word and Excel.
Experience: Six years of experience, two years of experience as a design and project manager Engineer or Architect for agency capital and operating construction, maintenance and system services projects and an additional four years of experience as an Engineer or Architect in the building construction field involving the design, construction or repair of building structures or system services.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a bachelor's degree in engineering or architecture and two years of experience as a design and project manager Engineer or Architect for agency capital and operating construction, maintenance and system services projects for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Professional Engineer or Professional Architect registration in the State of Maryland or in a state with comparable requirements for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Engineering and Architecture classifications or Engineering and Architecture specialty codes in the Architecture field of work on a year-for- year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
2. Experience and/or knowledge of various types of construction and phases of project development.
3. Experience and/or knowledge in the use of AutoCAD software and related CAD programs to develop professional quality drawings.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
The online application is preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Laurita Lesperance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.