REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE ENGINEER/ARCHITECT SENIOR
Unit Lead Engineer
|Department||MDE - Air and Radiation Administration (ARA)|
|Date Opened||8/12/2022 10:20:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/29/2022 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$66,671.00 - $107,264.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Olivia Finley|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Air and Radiation Administration
Chemical Unit, Chemical and Mineral Division
1800 Washington Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
The Regulatory and Compliance Engineer/Architect Senior is a lead or advance level engineer that will lead and train employees in the Chemical Unit, Chemical and Mineral Division. The Lead Engineer is responsible for coordinating the permitting activities of Chemical Unit personnel in the issuance of air quality permits for stationary sources of air pollution, conduct reviews on permit applications and issue permits to ensure that proposed sources of air pollution will comply with both federal and State Air Quality Regulations.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three years of engineering or architectural experience in pollution control, waste remediation, resource conservation, environmental protection, or public health and safety to ensure regulatory or quality compliance with engineering/architectural standards, practices, principles and methods.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with at least 20 credit hours in engineering and two years performing engineering architectural work in pollution control, waste remediation, resource conservation, environmental protection, public health and safety or related areas for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited college or university for up to one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of a current Professional Engineer or Professional Architect registration in the State of Maryland or in a state with comparable requirements for the required education and one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Engineering and Architecture classifications or Engineering and Architecture specialty codes in the Environmental field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding all qualifications.
- Three years of experience with federal and Maryland State air quality regulations, air pollution control equipment and requirements, and Title V - Part 70 applications and permits.
- Knowledge and/or experience of Maryland Air Toxics regulations and requirements.
- Professional experience with environmental issues related to aggregate and asphalt facilities, chemical plants, bulk gasoline terminals, and/or surface coating facilities.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of this position. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications will be placed on the Eligible List categorized as BEST QUALIFIED. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. Please note that you will be required by the appointing agency to provide proof upon hire of all certifications, licenses, educational and work experiences.
For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
All Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the immigration and Reform Control Act. You must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under this Act in order to be hired in the position for which you applied.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDE, Recruitment and Selection Division, 1800 Washington Blvd., Baltimore MD 21230. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to Olivia Finley email@example.com. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time. Please reference #22-004593-0001.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Olivia Finley/MDE Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-537- 3105.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-537-3130 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.