Physician Program Specialist
|Department||MSDE - Div of Rehab Svcs - Disability Determine|
|Date Opened||9/22/2022 12:50:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/31/2022 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$140,042 - $239,687/year|
|HR Analyst||Jerrianne Mccain|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Review and interpret medical evidence to establish the existence, severity, onset, duration and potential for remediation of medical impairments
- Analyze the sufficiency of medical evidence to evaluate disabilities
- Assess the severity of impairment and describes the functional limitations imposed
- Prescribe further development of evidence from treating sources or consultant examiners
- Prepares a written opinion to include a statement of findings, assessment of severity and description of residual functional capacity
- Assure integrity of opinion based on medical evidence in file
- Provides consultation and training to disability examiners
Education: A Doctorate degree in medicine from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Required for certification in an area of medical specialization by an American Medical Association Specialty Board.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Medical Corpsman and Physicians classifications or Nursing or Physician and Medical Services and Special Corpsman Officer specialty codes in the medicine field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Applicants for this classification must be certified by an American Medical Association Specialty Board in an area of medical specialization.
2. Applicants for this classification must be licensed by the Maryland Board of Physicians to practice medicine under Maryland State Law. A copy of the current license must be attached to the application.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
It is preferred that applicants complete the MD State Government online application for employment. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If the applicant is unable to apply online, paper applications can be obtained from the link below and be faxed to 410-554-9397 or mailed to DORS Human Resources Department at 2301 Argonne Drive, Baltimore, MD 21218. If there is a supplemental questionnaire, this must be completed and sent in with your paper application, if you are unable to apply online.
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application, submitted to the fax number, or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to 410-554-9391, TDD (410) 554-9399. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, and travel throughout the State are required. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.