HR SPECIALIST TRN
Temporary Employment (TE)
|Department||DBM OPSB Division of Personnel Services|
|Date Opened||1/12/2022 08:55:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/26/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Hourly range $25.00 - $26.00|
|HR Analyst||Jacqueline Wallace|
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Files and scans hard copy documentation that arrives in the mail.
- Organizes electronic files.
- Inputs and tracks data on Excel spreadsheets and Google Shared Files.
- Reviews forms and loan documents, and verifies employee eligibility for loan repayment by checking multiple sources of information.
- Sends email communications and answers questions from State employees regarding the program.
- Other duties for PSD as assigned.
Experience: Four years of professional HR management work experience in the areas of recruitment and selection, classification, salary administration, employee relations, test development and validation or as a generalist.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants with the following:
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Employee must be willing to work in Baltimore City. Employee will need to report to the office to process mail, file and scan documents at least twice a week. Additional hours in the office may be required, depending on workload needs.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to obtain certification in State Personnel Management System policies and procedures and in the functionality of the Statewide Personnel System from the Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, Maryland Department of Budget and Management within six months from the time of appointment to the position. Employees are also required to obtain recertification every six months thereafter.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the minimum for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. This list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application.
Due to the confidential nature of the work, selected candidates must undergo and pass a background check.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. The supplemental questionnaire may be used as part of the rating process. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Leave may be granted to a temporary employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is not available, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to:
DBM Recruitment & Examination Department
301 West Preston Street, Room 608
Baltimore, MD 21201
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.