HR SPECIALIST TRN
Classification & Compensation Analyst
|Department||DPSCS OSEC Administrative Services|
|Date Opened||5/19/2022 10:55:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/2/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$40,166.00 - $64,782.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Nicole Fields|
This recruitment is open to current and contractual employees of the Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services (DPSCS) employees only.
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Learns how to process Workday Transactions.
- Learns how to process Reclassification Requests (to include Benchmark Reclassification, Downgrades and Upgrades of PINS), Acting Capacity Requests, Non-Competitive Promotions, Transfers, Settlement and Bonus Payments.
- Learns how to interpret, apply and provide guidance on HR related policies, laws, regulations, and procedures. Learns how to examine employee profile/classification in Workday to ensure accuracy submitted on all DBM forms. Learns how to review all DBM documents to ensure completion and accuracy with data and required signatures. Learns how to ensure all appropriate rules and regulations are followed for State Compliance.
- Learns how to follow salary guidelines appropriately.
Experience: Four years of professional HR management work experience in the areas of recruitment, classification, salary administration, employee relations, test development and validation or as a generalist.
1. Candidates may substitute paraprofessional personnel work experience on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required experience. Paraprofessional personnel work is defined as work involving the application of public sector personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience includes responsibility for activities such as: preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying personnel-related rules and policies, preparing personnel-related reports, conducting employee orientation and counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations and responding to inquiries concerning employment actions.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in human resources management classification or human resources management specialty codes in the human resources management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. One year or experience providing customer service in responding to internal and external customers via phone, email, or in person.
2. Experience inputting personal information into databases.
3. Experience creating and interpreting reports using Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet software.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to obtain certification in State Personnel Management System policies and procedures and in the functionality of the Statewide Personnel System from the Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, Maryland Department of Budget and Management within six months from the time of appointment to the position. Employees are also required to obtain recertification every six months thereafter.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 410-484-5928. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please email the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information,
recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment Division at 410-585-3999.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov <Application.Help@maryland.gov> or
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.