HR SPECIALIST TRN
|Department||DNR - Human Resource Service|
|Date Opened||8/2/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/16/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$20.56 - $32.63/hour|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Langley|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Works in conjunction with the HRS Payroll, Benefits, and Employee Relations teams on various matters related.
- Interpret and provide guidance on HR policies and procedures.
- Handle FMLA, Leave Bank, Health Benefits, Retirement, and other benefit programs.
- Responsible for file management of all Employee Personnel and Medical files.
- Responsible for performing entry level professional human resources work in the administration of HR programs in the Statewide Personnel Management System
- This position will be expected to maintain confidentiality regarding all HR-related activities
Experience: Four years of professional HR management work experience in the areas of recruitment, classification, salary administration, employee relations, test development and validation or as a generalist.
1. Candidates may substitute paraprofessional personnel work experience on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required experience. Paraprofessional personnel work is defined as work involving the application of public sector personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience includes responsibility for activities such as: preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying personnel-related rules and policies, preparing personnel-related reports, conducting employee orientation and counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations and responding to inquiries concerning employment actions.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in human resources management classification or human resources management specialty codes in the human resources management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to obtain certification in State Personnel Management System policies and procedures and in the functionality of the Statewide Personnel System from the Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, Maryland Department of Budget and Management within six months from the time of appointment to the position. Employees are also required to obtain recertification every six months thereafter.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.