Talent Acquisition Specialists
HR Officer I
|Department||MSDE - Office of the State Superintendent|
|Date Opened||1/24/2023 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||2/10/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,575.00 - $80,992.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Holly Winchester|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
- Working with supervisory and management-level HR staff to conduct recruitment projects
- Serving as the Human Resources Coordinator (HRC) for the assigned division(s), processing all relevant functions in Workday, our State Personnel System.
- Generating and preparing interview and selection packets, and scheduling interviews when needed
- Conducting reference verification and preparing summary documentation for finalizing hiring decisions for Talent Partners
- Preparing offer letters and other hire documentation for review and signature
- Conducting recruitments for positions within assigned divisions
- Participating in outreach events and job fairs
Experience: Six years of experience, two years of professional HR experience involving recruitment and employment services, classification and compensation, employee relations, test development and validation, job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, HR program evaluation, or HR policy formulation and an additional four years of professional HR management work experience in the areas of recruitment and selection, classification, salary administration, employer relations, test development and validation or as a generalist.
1. Candidates may substitute paraprofessional personnel work experience on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required experience. Paraprofessional personnel work is defined as work involving the application of public sector personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience includes responsibility for activities such as: preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying personnel related rules and policies, preparing personnel-related reports, conducting employee orientation and counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations and responding to inquiries concerning employment procedures.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and two years of professional HR experience involving recruitment and employment services, classification and compensation, employee relations, test development and validation, job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, HR program evaluation, or HR policy formulation for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the possession of thirty graduate credit hours from an accredited college or university in the fields of HR/personnel administration, human resources management, business administration, public administration, statistics, tests and measurements, psychology or a related field for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in human resources management classifications or human resources management specialty codes in the human resources management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Experience using a Human Resources Information System (HRIS) to complete recruitment and hiring processes.
Experience conducting candidate screenings and setting up employment interviews.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification are required to obtain certification in State Personnel Management System policies and procedures and in the functionality of the Statewide Personnel System from the Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, Maryland Department of Budget and Management within six months from the time of appointment to the position. Employees are also required to obtain recertification every six months thereafter.
It is preferred that applicants complete the MD State Government online application for employment. The application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications for the position. If the applicant is unable to apply online, paper applications can be obtained from the link below and be mailed to MSDE Office of Human Resources, 200 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201. If there is a supplemental questionnaire, this must be completed and sent in with your paper application, if you are unable to apply online.
All application materials must be received in our office by the closing date. Postmarks will not be accepted. Applications must be complete to be considered including all related job duties, even if those are also listed on an attached resume. Additional required materials may be uploaded with the online application or mailed to the address listed.
Inquiries can be made to 410-767-0012, TDD 410-333-3045. Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay.
Proof of eligibility to work is required in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|