INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE (SPECIAL APPOINTMENT)
PROGRAM MANAGER, FEDERAL BUSINESS RELATIONS
|Department||COMM - Div of Economic Dev-Military Affairs|
|Date Opened||5/9/2022 4:35:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/12/2022 4:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$58,441.00 - $95,703.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Dolores Churn|
The Maryland Department of Commerce is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Program Manager, Federal Business Relations (Industrial Development Representative) within its Division of Business & Industry Sector Development – Office of Military and Federal Affairs (OMFA).
This is a Special Appointment position, and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
It is important to complete the Supplemental Questions as part of the application process.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The duties of this position included: building and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with federal agencies and small businesses; coordinating and monitoring all activities designed to attract businesses; facilitating effective communications between entities; conducting special projects and outreach activities in support of the mission of the Department and Unit in identifying, expanding, and retaining businesses in and to the State; and maintaining all business-to-government materials including website and social media content. Individual identifies and advocates for areas of importance for federal agency sustainability and expansion in the State and is key in making Commerce the Federal Agencies’ “go-to” organization for support. Person serves as the state liaison to federal government agencies located in Maryland, and functions as the Agency’s subject matter expert on Military and Federal Affairs programs, assets and capabilities; interacts with representatives and executives of businesses and federal agencies; develops strategic objectives; inform parties of available resources and services; conducts business needs assessments, represents Commerce at functions.
The selected employee will possess excellent interpersonal, written, oral communication, and presentation skills; be able to work with high level public and private sector officials and maintain effective working relationships; the ability to handle multiple concurrent and high priority tasks; familiarity with programs and resources provided by federal, state, and local government agencies that support economic development.
Experience: Nine years of experience in professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business, business marketing, economics or related field and five years of experience in business development is the required experience. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1) Experience with Federal and military agencies in developing and executing plans that impact economic policy
2) 3 years management experience
3) Experience in evaluating, managing, and reporting on programs
4 )Experience with federal procurement
5) Proficiency with Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, and/or other relevant software.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Some Statewide travel is required.
Employees in this position may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employee assigned such duties will be required to possess a driver's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
If you have questions about this recruitment, please contact the Department of Commerce at 410-767-6300.
You may also visit our website at: http://commerce.maryland.gov/commerce
It is highly preferred that you apply online at http://commerce.maryland.gov/careers - review Career Openings section. Please attach a resume along with the supplemental questionnaire to your online application. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit the State paper application, resume, and supplemental questionnaire (by closing date) to: email@example.com
Maryland Department of Commerce - Office of Human Resources
ATTN: PROGRAM MANAGER, FEDERAL BUSINESS RELATIONS
World Trade Center – 401 East Pratt Street, 10TH Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
As an E-Verify and Equal Opportunity Employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay 1-800-735-2258
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|