Treasury Specialist VII
|Department||Treasury Insurance Management|
|Date Opened||4/21/2022 1:05:00 PM|
|Salary||$79,343.00 - $127,637.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Michele Reid|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Maryland State Treasurer’s Office (STO) is responsible for engaging in and controlling procurement and award of Statewide contracts for banking and financial services, as well as insurance and insurance services, as per State law and the Maryland Constitution. In accordance with the Treasurer’s role to protect the State’s assets, this position is responsible for overseeing the agency’s unique procurement program, producing sound and legally defensible procurements which are in the best interest of the State so that Statewide agency operations are continuous, productive and exemplary.
This position serves as the manager of the two-person procurement unit for the State Treasurer’s Office. The STO Procurement Manager is responsible for the direction, coordination and compliance of all procurement activities under the Treasurer’s authority. This includes, but is not limited to, Statewide financial contracts managed by the STO such as master banking depository, disbursement, custody and lockbox contracts; merchant services contracts; financial advisor, underwriters and investment advisor services related to debt issuance; and escrow agent contracts. It also includes Statewide insurance broker services to purchase excess coverage to the State Insurance Trust Fund, and special policies such as general liability coverage, bonds and crime coverage, auto coverages, property and package coverages, inland marine and ocean coverages, bridges and tunnels coverage, travel accident and athletic coverages, aviation and transit coverages, and actuarial services. This position oversees all STO program-specific procurements requiring competitive bidding as well, such as lease related Invitations for Bid (IFB) for Statewide energy and equipment lese financing managed through the STO’s Debt Management Division.
In addition to procurement, this position is also responsible for developing internal procurement procedures and providing subject matter expertise and recommendations to various State agencies as well as to the Director of Operations regarding major procurement issues. The incumbent also represents the Treasurer and his Office at the various Statewide procurement committee meetings.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Four years of professional public sector procurement, which included activities such as soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts, advertising procurement opportunities, distributing specifications to vendors, coordinating bidder evaluation committees, conducting vendor debriefings, monitoring contract performance, eProcurement management, professional certification or procurement business operations.
- Two years of experience supervising staff. Examples of supervisory duties include employee evaluations, distribution & review of work, and time & leave approvals.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
In addition, preference will be given to applicants who possess the following:
- Experience soliciting and managing banking and/or financial services contracts
- Experience soliciting and managing insurance services contracts
- Knowledge of commercial banking services and products
- Knowledge of commercial insurance general liability services and products
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
This is a Management Service position, and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
This is a full-time, permanent position with the State of Maryland, and is eligible for full State benefits. Some of these benefits include:
· Comprehensive, subsidized health, dental and prescription plans
· Flexible Spending Account plans for Health Care and Daycare
· Paid holidays 12-13 per year
· Generous paid leave package (annual, sick, personal and compensatory leave)
· State Pension ("defined benefit" plan)
· Tax-deferred supplemental retirement savings plans (401(k) and 457)
· Free parking
To learn more, click here:
Applicants should submit a resume with their application. All candidates will be subject to a background investigation to include credit, criminal, and driving history.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|