Director of Strategic Planning and Continuous Improvement
Director, Department of Education
|Department||MSDE - Office of the State Superintendent|
|Date Opened||7/6/2022 4:30:00 PM|
|Salary||$96,496.00 - $155,248.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher King|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
State Salary Grade 25
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Supports the planning, drafting, implementation, and progress monitoring of a multiyear strategic plan for the Maryland State Department of Education.
- Manages the completion of a portfolio of activities codified in the Blueprint for Maryland’s Future.
- Leads regular working group and performance management sessions across the department in service of the strategic plan.
- Builds cross-functional relationships to successfully oversee the completion of assigned activities.
- Develops systems and processes for progress monitoring goals and identifies potential barriers to progress.
- Tracks progress and ensures accurate, transparent, and on-time reporting and analysis of progress and performance results to internal stakeholders through the creation and maintenance of dashboards and monthly progress meetings
- Identifies issues, risks, and opportunities for improvement, and proposes strategy adjustments to improve coordination, communication, and mitigate or avoid future risks.
- Proactively builds and maintains strong relationships across MSDE to gain their investment. Serves as an internal consultant to assigned MSDE departments and maintains high-quality cross-functional relationships with staff.
- Analyzes and monitors projects to identify issues, risks, and opportunities for improvement and designs strategies to improve coordination, communication, and mitigate or avoid future risks
- Identifies needs and delivers tailored coaching and targeted support for initiative owners to support effective project and performance management
- Coordinates and supports project teams across the department and advises staff with continuous improvement of rigorous timelines, milestones, metrics, and delivery strategies.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Prior school district and/or state education agency experience preferred.
- Knowledge of best-in-class education trends, regulations, policies, and issues affecting education systems.
- Advanced skills in the use of data management tools to monitor progress toward goals.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to manage high volume and multiple tasks; ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|