Executive Director - Office of Grants Administration & Compliance
Director, Department of Education
|Department||MSDE - Office of the State Superintendent|
|Date Opened||11/14/2022 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/2/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$120,938.00 - $155,248.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher King|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
State Salary Grade 25
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Provides leadership, direction, and coordination for the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the MSDE-administered grant programs in service-level based timelines.
- Recommends fiscal and programmatic components of the programs, operations and potential areas of refinement and improvement.
- Leads and coordinates processes for all MSDE grant programs.
- Manages and leads program staff to ensure thorough program administration and excellent customer service and engagement with the internal and external stakeholders, including MSDE program teams and local education agency staff.
- Monitors and approves reports to ensure the outcomes are consistent with grant purposes. · Approve grant applications, award recommendations, and program budgets and formula allocations.
- Establishes and maintains current, standard operating procedures for all grant programs, including application processes, rubrics, expectations for grant administration and monitoring, and the collection, review, and timely submission of any required grant reporting.
- Assist program staff with grant program administration, including application design, application rubric design, the actual reviewing and scoring of submitted applications ensuring MSDE maintains responsiveness and timely turnaround time to local education agencies for all grant programs. · Ensures that the Office of Grants Administration and Compliance properly collects and retains data and tracks all MSDE grant programs to ensure that the Assistant State Superintendent for Financial Planning, Operations, and Analysis so MSDE Senior Leadership have on-demand access and insight to MSDE grant programs, grant program timelines, and grant program status.
- Oversees the coordination of the fiscal component of grant monitoring for the Division-based program staff.
- Ensure that grant opportunities, grant evaluations, and grant reports are accessible and available to MSDE’s public stakeholders.
- Leads Office efforts in developing and implementing monthly training and professional development opportunities for MSDE staff in order to ensure that all program offices are aligned on grant program expectations and best-practices in grant development, administration, monitoring, and grantee support.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge, equal interest in, and aptitude for both programmatic and fiscal elements of best in class grant program design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and compliance and reporting
- Knowledge of grant program budgeting, common program allowable spending provisions and related terminology (e.g. supplement vs. supplant)
- Knowledge of various types of grant program reporting and reporting requirements, including specific requirements associated with federal grant reporting
- Strong interest in and sense of responsibility for ensuring that MSDE grant program investments direct change, shape grantee policy, and drive results for students, children, and families
- Skill with problem solving and innovative, systems-thinking
- Skill with articulating and implementing systems and processes
- Ability to be open to thinking outside the box
- Ability to apply detailed attention to all work activities and maintain that attention to detail while working with urgency amidst competing priorities.