Special Education State Personnel Development Grant Specialist
Education Program Specialist I
|Department||MSDE - Division of Spec Educ/Early Intervent Svcs|
|Date Opened||12/2/2022 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/10/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$74,344.00 - $119,591.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Daniel Otakie|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
State Salary Grade 21
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Collaborates with the National Experts in professional learning, the Towson University Department of Leadership and Professional Learning, and the MSDE Division of Certification and Program Approval, to coordinate the design of the evidence-based practices for professional learning and coaching, and processes that will be applied across university, State technical assistance, and local professional learning/coaching activities.
- Develops and drafts guides for implementation based on the design of professional learning and coaching evidence-based practices and with input from the Design Team and Local Education Agencies (LEAs).
- Models and conducts professional learning and coaching practices for participating.
- Selects and assembles a national expert panel to rate SPDG products.
- Compiles information for presentation at Stakeholder Advisory Group meetings.
- Utilizes implementation tools to determine the extent to which university faculty, MSDE staff, and local professional developers use evidence-based practices.
- Facilitates a focus group on professional learning and coaching practices.
- Provides technical assistance to contribute to SPDG planning for implementing and evaluating SPDG activities.
- Candidates may substitute two additional years of experience directly related to the position option for the required education.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Doctorate degree at an accredited college or university in a field related to the position for one year of the required experience.
- The required field of education and experience are unique for each option and are established by MSDE in accordance with Education Article, Section 2-104 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The specific education and experience qualifications for each position are on record in the Human Resource Management Branch of the Division of Business Services.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Education Program classifications or Education Program specialty codes in the Education field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of Special Education services and mathematics-social-emotional learning programs for students with disabilities
- Knowledge of evidence-based professional learning strategies and coaching methods
- Knowledge of methods associated with delivering specially designed mathematics instruction and integrated social-emotional learning
- Knowledge of implementing specially designed instruction in general education elementary classes
- Skill in coordinating projects, activities, and staff with regard to strict program specifications and requirements
- Skill in developing and presenting professional learning programs
- Ability to collaborate and interact with national experts, other state agencies involved in the network of State Personnel Development Grants, organizations and staff in Local Schools Systems, Institutions of Higher Education, and other stakeholder organizations
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and apply laws and regulations governing special education programs
- Ability to work as a team member and establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|