Spec Educ Birth – 21 Accountability for Improved Performance Spec
Education Program Specialist I
|Department||MSDE - Division of Spec Educ/Early Intervent Svcs|
|Date Opened||9/16/2022 2:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$74,344 - $119,591.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Daniel Otakie|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
State Salary Grade 21
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Conducts on-site monitoring activities that determine the Local Infants and Toddlers Program (LITP), Local Education Agency (LEA) and Public Agency (PA) compliance with the IDEA and COMAR as it pertains to children with disabilities, Birth – 21.
- Collects and reviews data to select those State and federal requirements requiring verification of compliance in LITPs, LEAs, and PAs.
- Assists the LITPs, LEAs, and PAs in developing processes that ensure compliance and supports improved results for children with disabilities, Birth – 21.
- Reviews LITPs, LEAs, and PAs documents for sufficiency to determine compliance with the IDEA and COMAR as each pertain to infants, toddlers, young children, and youth with disabilities and their families.
- Compiles and draft formal reports to LITPs, LEAs, and PAs on the results of monitoring activities and reports data-driven self-assessments for improved results for students with disabilities and compliance with prescribed federal and State laws and regulations.
- Serves as Division Contact for DEI/SES State Performance Plan/Annual Performance Report (SPP/APR).
- Coordinates and maintains the DEI/SES SPP/APR in support of the goals and objectives established to meet the individual indicators.
- Collaborates with other divisions within the Department, task forces, work groups, advocacy organizations, professional organizations, as requested by the Branch Chief or Assistant State Superintendent. · Provides lead technical assistance and support to Division Branch Chiefs aligned with State Performance Plan and for reporting Annual Performance results.
- Candidates may substitute two additional years of experience directly related to the position option for the required education.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Doctorate degree at an accredited college or university in a field related to the position for one year of the required experience.
- The required field of education and experience are unique for each option and are established by MSDE in accordance with Education Article, Section 2-104 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The specific education and experience qualifications for each position are on record in the Human Resource Management Branch of the Division of Business Services.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Education Program classifications or Education Program specialty codes in the Education field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of trends, regulations, policies, and issues governing early intervention and special education programs
- Knowledge of programs that address Local School System and Public Agency (PA) compliance with the IDEA and COMAR as it pertains to children with disabilities, Birth – 21
- Skill in collecting, managing, and analyzing data and information
- Skill organizing and managing multiple tasks
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing, through the presentation of concise yet comprehensive analyses and reports
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|