Autism Waiver Liaisons - 2 Positions
Education Program Specialist I
|Department||MSDE - Division of Spec Educ/Early Intervent Svcs|
|Date Opened||11/17/2022 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/2/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$74,344.00 - $119,591.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Daniel Otakie|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
State Salary Grade 21
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Refine and manage tracking of Statewide AW application letters & AW transitioning youth (TY) in the online AW database
- Support the Department and MDH in the implementation of an AW Waitlist and reduction of the number of individuals on the AW registry
- Screen Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and documentation to determine technical eligibility for individuals waiting to receive an opportunity to apply to the AW
- Support the quality assurance program for the provision of Medicaid services for children on the AW per Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Application for the AW as a member of the Provider Interagency Medicaid Monitoring Team (PIMMT) and the Interagency Medicaid Monitoring Team (IMMT)
- Participate in monitoring reviews, write monitoring reports, provide technical assistance, and review and approve corrective action plans (CAP) as appropriate for compliance related issues; track submission of reportable events and ensure identified issues are resolved
- Develop draft guidance, transmittals, and regulations to ensure program implementation in compliance with State and federal regulations and requirements
- Research and prepare briefings, legislative responses, evidence-based reports, and materials for MSDE program improvement initiatives and/or appeals as requested
- Two additional years of experience directly related to the position option may be substituted for the required Master’s Degree.
- Possession of a Doctorate in a field related to the position may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
- The required field of education and experience are unique for each option and are established by MSDE in accordance with Education Article, Section 2-104 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The specific education and experience qualifications for each position are on record in the Human Resource Management Branch of the Division of Business Services of the Department of Education.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Education Program classifications or Education Program specialty codes in the Education field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of trends, regulations, policies, and issues governing programs for students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Knowledge of IEPs and Individualized Family Service Plans (IFSPs
- Knowledge of implementing, monitoring, and program evaluation
- Knowledge of Maryland’s 1915(c) Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Waiver for Children with ASD, specifically eligibility requirements
- Knowledge of DDA resources and supports and services for TY
- Skill in maintaining effective working relationships
- Ability to interpret and apply laws and regulations governing AW programs
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing, through the presentation of concise yet comprehensive training, analyses and reports.