EDUCATION PROGRAM SPECIALIST I
Research and Evaluation Specialist
|Department||MSL - Division of Library Development & Services|
|Date Opened||11/30/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/14/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$74,344.00 - $119,591.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cecelia Smith|
Maryland State Library Agency (MSLA) is an independent agency. We provide strategic leadership, resources, and programmatic support to Maryland libraries to transform lives.
As the state library agency for Maryland, the Maryland State Library Agency administers State and Federal funds to support Maryland libraries in their mission to offer outstanding resources, programs, and excellent customer service. Responsibilities include oversight of the Maryland State Library for the Blind and Print Disabled; Maryland’s Public Libraries; the State Library Network; the Library Capital Grants Programs; and the Deaf Culture Digital Library.
This position serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
25 S. Charles Street, Suite 1310, Baltimore, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
· Assists with the coordination and implementation of statistical data collection at the State and Federal level and keeps the Maryland public library community informed of new developments in the program. Trains staff and fields questions about the program.
· Provides assistance with the data compilation and completion of the agency's annual Managing for Results report requirements, State Library Administrative Agency Survey, Maryland Public Library Survey reports requirement, the LSTA 5-year Plan, MSLA Annual Report, annual Institute of Museum and Libraries (IMLS) State Programs Report.
· Assists with the development and implementation of related technical software, needs assessment programs, including surveys, for Maryland public libraries and provides expertise in conducting needs assessment.
· Creates policies and procedures, provides specialized technical advice to libraries on new programs. Prepares and distributes news releases on significant new developments; uses statistical information about libraries to contribute to marketing and outreach.
· Provides assistance in keeping agency policies, procedures, and documentation up-to-date in local and statewide web presences.
· Act as Agency Coordinator for the Library Associate, Professional Librarian and Professional Library Director Certification Program.
· Investigates new technologies and applies technological solutions to current and future data management issues within the Division by assessing existing conditions and requirements and identifying possible solutions, implementing and training staff on the new systems, and monitoring and evaluating their effectiveness.
· Responsible for providing backup and support for other members of the division with a specific focus on Grants Management.
· Works in tandem with the Grants Coordinator to track state and federal funding. Responsible for providing back up and support for the electronic grants management system (EGMS).
Education: A Master’s degree or the equivalent of 36 credit hours of post-baccalaureate course work from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of administrative or teaching experience in, or affiliated with, an education program.
1. Candidates may substitute two additional years of experience directly related to the position option for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to the position option for one year of the required experience.
3. The required field of education and experience are unique for each option and are established by MSDE in accordance with Education Article, Section 2-104 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The specific education and experience qualifications for each position are on record in the Human Resource Management Branch of the Division of Business Services.4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Education Program classifications or Education Program specialty codes in the Education field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Three years of the required experience to in administrative, evaluative or library experience in, or affiliated with a library program
One year experience in development, coordination or evaluation of Strategic Plans.
Two years experience in the design and implementation of needs assessment.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Candidate for this position may be responsible for providing their own transportation as needed to access meetings, remote locations, and job destinations as required.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application (and on separate pages. if necessary) to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. Please upload your cover letter and resume. All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
DBM/Recruitment & Examination Division
301 West Preston Street, Room 608
Baltimore, MD 21201
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850.
MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.