Chief, Student Services and School Counseling
Education Program Supervisor
|Department||MSDE - Division of Student Family & School Support|
|Date Opened||12/22/2022 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/20/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$79,343.00 - $127,637.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Holly Winchester|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
- promote student academic success and well-being
- enhance awareness of mental health and promotes positive, healthy behaviors
- provide school-based prevention and universal and targeted interventions for students with mental health and behavioral concerns
- are comprehensive in scope, preventative in design, and developmental in nature
- are aligned with LEA goals and objectives
- are an integral component of the school's program and mission
- promote systemic change through the use of leadership skills, advocacy, and collaboration
- promote student achievement
- provide equitable access to rigorous education for all students
- provide students with individual and group planning addressing academic, career, and social/emotional needs
- identify the knowledge and skills all students will acquire to promote college and career readiness
- are delivered to all students and a systemic fashion
- address the needs of the whole child so that each student has the opportunity to be healthy, safe, engaged, supported, and challenged for long-term success
- are monitored and reviewed through accountability systems
- and are provided by a state credentialed school counselor.
- Must have one year experience in administering Federal Grant Programs.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in supervising or leading employees to include training, and/or assigning and reviewing of work.
- Experience in developing, implementing or consulting on a strategic planning project.