Director of Comprehensive Arts Education
Education Program Manager II
|Department||MSDE - Division of Instruction|
|Date Opened||9/8/2022 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/2/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$90,418 - $145,417/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher King|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
State Salary Grade 24
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Provides direct content specific leadership and oversight to all state arts education programs, projects, and initiatives.
- Strengthens arts education programs through standards development, program planning, communication, and research/development.
- Utilizes data and stakeholder input to identify gaps in access to the arts and collaboratively identifies solutions. Oversees and directly engages in statewide arts education content meetings and conducts annual local education agency site visits.
- Manages the development and deployments of high-quality professional learning opportunities for school system arts leaders, educators, and other stakeholders.
- Builds LEA capacity for curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation. and supports LEAs to develop and implement comprehensive arts education pathways that ensure equitable access for historically disadvantaged students and that these pathways do not exacerbate inequities.
- Oversees and participates in statewide workgroups focused on the development, coordination, and implementation of comprehensive arts education-based College and Career readiness pathways aligned to the Blueprint for Maryland’s Future and ensuring students’ access to pathways across the state, especially those who have been historically underserved.
- Provides leadership and cohesion to arts education communities across the five disciplines, and manages statewide workgroups focused on aligning arts education with Blueprint for Maryland’s Future College and Career readiness pathways.
- Provides fiscal accountability for all programs and initiatives related to the arts in close collaboration with MSDE’s Division of Finance and Administration
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree or the equivalent of 36 credit hours of post-baccalaureate course work in Education or a related area for two years of the required experience directly related to the position option.
- Candidates may substitute the possession of a Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to the position option for one year of the required experience.
- The required field of education and experience are unique for each option and are established by MSDE in accordance with Education Article, Section 2-104 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The specific education and experience qualifications for each position are on record in the Human Resource Management Branch of the Division of Business Services.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Education Program classifications or Education Program specialty codes in the Education field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education, one year of which must have been in an administrative supervisory or consultative capacity.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Expert knowledge of fine arts content to include dance, media art, music, theater, and visual arts
- Knowledge of culturally diverse and responsive arts education practices
- Knowledge of the Maryland College and Career Readiness pathways, standards, trends, regulations, policies, and issues affecting fine arts
- Knowledge of how comprehensive arts education aligns with the Blueprint for Maryland’s Future
- Skill in curriculum resource development and in developing and presenting professional development programs
- Skill in collecting, managing, and analyzing data and information
- Skill in leading teams and establishing and maintaining collaborative and effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to include diverse communities
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing, through the presentation of concise yet comprehensive analyses and reports
- Ability to balance and prioritize activities to meet deadlines
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|