Director, Power Plant Siting Program
|Department||DNR - Resource Assessment - Power Plant|
|Date Opened||2/16/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/23/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$80,875.00 - $132,452.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Langley|
**REPPOST, Previous applicants do not need to reapply****
This is a Management Service position that serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority. This is a position specific recruitment for the Maryland Department of Natural Resources, Resource Assessment Unit.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Tawes State Office Building, 520 Taylor Avenue, Annapolis, Maryland (Anne Arundel County)
Main Purpose of Job
The Department of Natural Resources, Power Plant Assessment Program located in Annapolis, Maryland, is currently accepting applications for a director. Primary duties of this position are to conduct environmental research, monitoring, and assessments to evaluate and minimize the environmental effects of power plants and associated energy infrastructure without imposing unreasonable costs on the production of energy. This position will also serve as the lead for the Department of Natural Resources and Power Plant Assessment Program in responding to legislation impacting energy planning and electrical generation in the State. The position also supervises the Environmental Review Program who review permits to ensure all environmental impacts are identified. The applicant will work at a senior level in corresponding and collaborating with other state agencies, the public, energy companies, and the state legislature.
Education: Possession of a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in environmental or physical sciences or electrical engineering degree.
Experience: Twelve years of experience in professional environmental science work or energy and environmental policy, seven years experience must be in leadership in managing environmental or energy programs.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree in environmental or physical sciences or electrical engineering from an accredited college or university for two years of the required general administrative or professional environmental science experience.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a registration as a Licensed Professional Engineer(general) from the Maryland State Board for Professional Engineers for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military experience as a commissioned officer in Environmental Specialist classifications or Environmental Science and Engineering specialty codes in the Environmental or Physical Sciences field of work.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience in multi-disciplinary projects and project staff.
2. Experience in energy sector construction and policy.
3. Experience in environmental protection and policy.
4. Experience in communication of complex legal and technical concepts to various audiences.
5. Experience working with other State agencies and legislative hearings.
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Your application is part of the examination process. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of this position. The rating will be based on the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is important you provide all the experience and education related to this position completely and accurately.
The online application is preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or call 410-767-4850.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Christopher Langley at Christoher.Langley@maryland.gov.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Candidates with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.