ADMIN OFFICER II OAG- REPOST
|Department||OAG Support Positions|
|Date Opened||5/2/2022 11:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/1/2022 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,717.00 - $69,134.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Gina Mallory|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Office of the Attorney General, Comptroller of Maryland80 Calvert Street, Room 303 Annapolis, MD 21401
The job responsibilities include: typing legal pleadings, motions, memoranda, agreements, and correspondence; monitoring caseloads; maintaining and keeping court calendars; reviewing and updating the Attorney General’s Office Civil Appeals Report of status of litigation in the Court of Appeals and Court of Special Appeals; acting as liaison with the Maryland Tax Court and the Comptroller of Maryland staff; electronic filing of documents with the U.S. District Court and state courts through their electronic case management system; reviewing, organizing and preparing documents for hearings, trials, meetings and court filings; organizing and maintaining personnel, client and litigation files.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience in administrative or professional work.
Applicants must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to work at a consistently high volume.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Proficient in using MS Office to include Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
2. Proficient in using Westlaw Software.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred.
If the online application process is not available, please send your paper application and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to: Yolanda Colkley, Fair Practices Officer, 200 St. Paul Place, Baltimore, MD 21202 or fax to 410-576-6447. If you have specific questions about recruitment, please call 410-576-6440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.